Focus 2020 Accomplishments
ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOCUS 2020
FOCUS 2020 GOALS
1 2 3 4 5
Create a supportive environment that increases the recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty and staff.
Establish sustained financial viability of the institution by improving fiscal discipline, reallocating resources, increasing donations and other external revenue, and streamlining processes.
Create a supportive environment that encourages, promotes and incentivizes the use of innovative, high-impact, evidence-based instructional models and practices.
Increase student participation in applied research, increase student experiences that develop intercultural competence, and require an applied learning experience from all students.
Expand, sustain, and collaborate on internal and external partnerships.
ENHANCE THE SUPPORTIVE CAMPUS ENVIRONMENT
• Enhanced equity and inclusion with ongoing training and resources. • Experts provided intercultural-development sessions to over 600 faculty, staff, and students. • Faculty and staff collaborated to infuse diversity into the curriculum. • The campus Baldrige Team implemented strategies to help employees and students feel more welcome. • Provided bystander-intervention and sexual-misconduct training. • Offered employee wellbeing services from LifeMatters and Empathia. • Expanded efforts to recruit and retain diverse student populations. • Funded supplemental-compensation programs for faculty and staff.
• Enhanced sustainability efforts and reduced carbon footprint • Developed cutting-edge recycling and waste programs. • Developed incentive programs for employees who carpool, bike, or walk to work. • Provided campus bus with 8,000+ riders per month. • Offered bike-share program and bike lockers for students. • Implemented energy-saving measures, such as LED lights and solar panels, across campus. • Created an academic sustainability liaison position.
ENHANCED STUDENT ENGAGEMENT AND SATISFACTION
• Launched PickOne program, which encourages all students to participate in at least one campus organization or activity. • Implemented Mapworks program to identify and assist struggling students. • Funded annual initiative to pair freshmen with faculty and staff in meaningful work experiences, boosting retention. • Joined EAB student success collaborative and MentorLink to increase retention. • Funded new academic scholarships, including the Blue Devil Guarantee that is awarded to all new freshmen meeting certain criteria. • Added nine new degree programs, 16 certificates, and nine concentrations during the last five academic years. • Enhanced efforts to reduce student drinking and drug use, including training, marketing campaigns, and collaborations with law enforcement.
• Provided apps for laundry machines, bus tracking, and tuition payment. • Provided 94% of recent graduates with applied-learning experiences, such as field experiences and internships; starting fall 2019, 100% of programs will require applied-learning experiences. • Worked with instructors to ensure online courses are accessible to learners with a wide range of learning styles and needs. • Set record for number of employers at student career conferences. • Set record placement rate for recent graduates—98.7%. • Launched campaign to fund enhancements in student experience, learning environments, and programs. • Developed ongoing lab technology replacement process. • Renovated labs and facilities, including Harvey, McCalmont, and Bowman Halls. • Created active-learning classrooms.
• Expanded professional development offerings and funding - an investment in our future. • Implemented new supervisor training program. • Expanded new-instructor workshops. • Enhanced department chair training. • Reimbursed employees for professional-development courses taken at UW-Stout. • Initiated annual Faculty Startup program to provide strong foundation for new faculty. • Established Leadership Development Program, partnering with UW-Eau Claire and UW-River Falls. • Launched new tuition-reimbursement program. • Opened a Teaching and Learning Hub to support the exploration and application of effective instructional practices, tools, and strategies. • Sponsored Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Team projects and communities of practice. INCREASED EMPLOYEE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
ENHANCED RESEARCH FOCUS
• Launched initiatives to engage more students in research. • Established Research Fellows, Ethics Fellow and Center for the Study of Institutions and Innovation Fellow, to stimulate faculty research. • Awarded numerous student research grants and faculty research grants to facilitate research.
SUSTAINED CAMPUS FINANCIAL VIABILITY
• Successfully navigated multiple state-mandated budget reductions, as well as a protracted tuition freeze. • Increased Foundation assets by 55% in the last six years. • Secured commitments exceeding both our original $35 million dollar goal and $40 million dollars challenge goal for The Pathways Forward Campaign. • The Foundation increased student scholarship dollars awarded by 52% in the last six years. • Improved follow-up during and following application using Salesforce. • Increased focused recruitment efforts, including territories for admissions counselors and more accurately focusing on potentially interested students with digital marketing.
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online